Hey, y’all! Thanks for stopping by! Carrie On Y’all is all about me, my good, bad, and ugly parenting and marriage moments, my ability to get on a soapbox and write passionate ranting letters about random causes, and my generally humorous take on the world. I live in Arkansas with my husband, three kids (a daughter and two sons), and our golden retriever and cat. I’ve struck a decent balance between hot mess and serving on the PTO. I love audio books, a good beer, and writing sometimes-sweet/sometimes-sassy posts on motherhood, teaching, and current events at Carrie On Y’all. You can follow me on Facebook , Twitter, and Instagram (I don’t know how to work any other social media). I’ve been published on Scary Mommy, Sammiches & Psych Meds, Mamalode, BonBon Break, and The Good Men Project!
A Few Things About Me:
- I’m a Tennessee girl by birth, but the Hubs swept us away to romantic Central Arkansas three years ago. I stopped teaching high school English, which had been my thing for 11 years, and started my new gig as a SAHM. Best. Decision. Ever. We have a girl (8yo) and two boys (5yo and 3yo), and they are a hoot. Sometimes I have bad parenting moments, and I’m not ashamed to share them on my blog.
- I was once a contestant on Wheel of Fortune. It sounds crazy, I know, but it happened. The Hubs, my mom, and my 92yo grandmother who never missed a WOF episode flew to LA in September, 2012 (when I was 6 weeks preggo with Baby #3, thank you…not fun partying in LA) and my episode aired the day before Thanksgiving of that year.
- I am a crappy housekeeper. Since keeping house is now officially part of my job description (according to the Hubs), I’m getting better, but y’all will probably want to leave the eating off the floor to my golden retriever. And my kitchen’s white tile floor and I have a hate/hate relationship, too.
- I should not be allowed near scissors or hair clippers. My family and animals run if they see me wielding anything sharp.
- I do not give fashion advice on my blog, but I do have some questionable fashion magazine choices where I try to match my activities as a SAHM with fashion I see there. It’s an award-winning three-part series. Okay, not really. But it’s kinda funny.